Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Elan Walking more! Finn Swimming and Preschool

Quick update:  Elan is great!  He has been walking 16 steps for about a week regularly to someone!  Today he has even been walking without really thinking about it -  he is starting to spontaneously walk across the playroom today!  Of course we are beyond thrilled with this.  He walks like Frankenstein the past few days (or more like Michael Jackson's Thriller) which is too adorable.  He has his huge crooked smile too boot - beyond adorable!  I need to capture it all on film but too hard so far to have the camera ready when he does it.  Will try in time. 

Elan and I went to the park while Elan was at Preschool today and he walked about 8 steps on wood chips to another part of the equipment multiple times!

Other news:

Finn "graduated" from his level of swim lessons...


I was sick - full on in bed Wed thru Friday last week.  I was so bad I couldn't even watch TV!  Thank goodness for my mother!  Thankfully I am almost fully recovered.  I believe it was bronchitis as I was so exhausted or just a really bad cold/flu.  Chicken soup really does take care of it!

We also have Elan's next MRI on the calendar.  I always hate getting it placed on the family calendar.  It is December 27th so please pray for no growth and for us to not be overly anxious between now and the results.  My least favorite thing about getting it on the calendar (besides it being on the calendar!) is when we get the piece of paper in the mail with  the pre-op papers.  As if we don't know it already :).  Just having that kind of mail is sad.  It gives the side effects of sedation etc. Of course it means nothing since this is the 50th plus time he has been sedated!  The stresser is last time we had a "hiccup" so going forward one more thing to consider. 

Elan is acting amazing but AT/RT is a type of cancer that can be growing with no signs at all, which honestly makes everyday full of stress.  The other thing is really if there is even one bit of growth everything changes and odds of survival are down to basically 0 for Elan.  The doctors here are still saying 1 in 10,000 but I prefer Seattle that gives us no specific number but real hope "since he is out of the dataset" so ironic as my job is all about datasets!  so I guess still in that area but we were told by Seattle his odds really go up if this MRI the same.  We are totally outside of the data set but still we would be looking at a real possibility!

Every little "trip" or weird look makes your heart skip a beat.  Thankfully our prayers are always being answered to have "peace of mind" and "calmness of heart".  We are truly able to enjoy our kids be just kids right now.

I head to Orlando for 3 days of training Jan 2nd to the 6th so we hope the results will be the same as the past as I don't know how I will manage if not!  The good thing about AT/RT is we kind of get what we ask for, so when wanting the MRI a week early, we get it :).  I should be just fine as I know all will be fine!  I hope to have a night off to see our friends I haven't seen in years but so far not looking that way.  I will be in touch though! 

Here are some adorable pics of Finn at preschool...



writing letters and mailing them. 
notice Finn's shirt.  All the rage at the Preschool these days to wear your shirt backwards :)

Finn at Preschool


That's my boy! Always willing to try something!
Picnic this weekend by our neighborhood pond.









kite flying a few weeks ago



Turkey for Adam and Vania's moving to Spanish congergation party!

boys doing art!

Here are several videos over the past few weeks showing how much Elan has developed.  Most are several weeks old now.  His voice is getting so much stronger and his words much more clearer.  He also is counting to 10 now and knows he is a boy, which is right on target developmentally!  SOme of the videos have Finn and Elan signing, they are siginging all the time now and making up words.  Too cute!



 Finn singing and "washing" dishes - went through 2/3 a bottle of soap for 2 plates and a cup.


Elan Singing :)









and then our roadway we built:


xoxo we love everyone and appreciate your support!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment