Friday, February 22, 2013

Feb 16th and 17th - One Year Cancerversary

So writing this on the 22nd and in 5 minutes...- so much for pondering via blogging over the date!  I had been dreading the date as so monumental but at the same time beyond ecstatic to reach it!  The 16th last year is when we went to the ER but the 17th is really d day as that is when we were in the PICU and introduced to an oncologist... before that would I would have to say "remind me what type of a doctor an oncologist is".

The day of the 16th we both took off to just hang out as a family for a 3 day weekend.  Finn made a poster on Thursday for the day and made a gluten free cake with my mom.  Really, really good!

Then on the 17th I had planned for us to make cookies and take to the hospital to the ER, pediatric floor and PICU.  We did get to the point of making a few batches when it started to really SNOW!!!  SO we totally changed our plan and built a 6 ft snow superman instead.  We then played outside in the snow the next day too before all the snow melted.  We of course have 4 sleds including a 50's wooden sled so we were the hip parents of the 'hood.  There is an empty house for sale with a burm so we headed there.  Had so much fun with all the kids!

We then headed to the hospital which I had really insisted on doing.  It was theraputic but hard for all of us as well.  Elan kept saying "no doctor" and FInn was acting up.  All in all I am glad we did it to really close the chapter so to speak.  Here are a bunch of videos and pictures of the past 2 weeks from my phone.  I will upload the ones from our good camera later.


cookie finn made for the day!











FInn made a poster for the party!







Cute, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment