Sunday, October 6, 2013

Baby Shower etc.

Just a quick update.  All is well!  Boys really enjoying Kindergarten and Preschool.  Elan has been continuing to make great progress with PT and Speech.  He is now doing both at school and with PT it is while they are out at the playground so other kids are incorporated if they want (usually most of the class ends up with them) which makes it so much more fun for him.

Both boys have no separation anxiety from us.  Elan last week started saying - OK mom, time for you to go bye bye when dropping him off.  Proud yet sad!  Finn just runs to the bus.  Erik has been great at letting me rest and waking up with both boys as Finn's bus comes at 7:10 AM and letting me rest this week.

My pregnancy has been going great.  36 weeks and 3 days today.  They are moving around a ton and baby 'a" has been head down the whole time but baby "b" just can't make up her mind! She was head down, breech, head down, and now breech again!  I am still doing all I can to turn her with Traditional Chinese Herbs called moxibustion (smells like pot so had to let all the neighbors know I am not 36 week pregnant engaging in rec drugs.  several said they smelled it and wondered who it was :)), Webster method chiropractic as well as "spinning babies" stretches.  So at least I have tried everything! Since the girls are identical it really isn't safe to go past 37 weeks because of several risks.  The biggest is still birth - not worth the risk!  So if she doesn't turn c section on Friday but if she does induction on Saturday!  Still in denial I will have 2 babies in less than a week!

The only other thing is just swollen feet at the end of the day and so really need to rest when Erik gets home from work.  He has been a jewel at taking the boys outside so I can rest a bit.  He has also fed them and put them in bath so all I need to do is book and prayer.  Really, really helpful!

Our lovely friends in our congregation put on an adorable baby shower for me a few weeks ago!  It was so, so kind!  Here are some photos:

Boys in tub getting in "truble" as Elan put it - but too cute that Elan is now attacking Finn these days :)



Rachel threw at her home - so kind to have so many at her home!

so cute, right?  Twins in the fruit!


cute baby diaper take aways





Crazy 60's decorations.  Greta all mod and Heidi a bit punky as Erik puts it.

The girls so kind to put the shower on!  Rachel, Marta and Charlotte are the loveliest, kindest girls!







1 comment:

  1. AWWWWWWWW!!! I so love it! I love and miss you guys so much!! kiss the children for me please and tell them we love them. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete