Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Parent's anniversary party and ramblings

Finn is always coming up with clever things lately.  This week he decided to throw my parents an anniversary party (about 1 week late - hey at least we are all together) - and he had my mom making decorations all day while she was watching them.  I love how she was pulled into the work for HER party.  That is my son, the delegator! They even made a big bow tie and banners - too fun!  He must have overheard Erik and me talking about it the day before.  Here are some pictures...

My fan - design by Elan


I wish this was a better exposure - I have such a hard time capturing his real simile - this is it!




Finn's outfit - notice he put on a face mask from the hospital.  








It was a good day coming home to a house full of happy people and two happy kiddos.  they have such marvelous times with my mom.

This 3 day weekend was pretty emotionally rough to be honest.  Erik and I tried to get our house more in order - cleaning out the closets that basically were holding ground for boxes we hadn't gotten to from our move into the house 2 months before Elan's diagnosis.

 I think it was just focusing on such normal activities that can get me in a bit of a "funk".  It was tough just thinking about how well Elan is doing and hoping it will last and the MRI in a month is better than this one and comes clean and clear vs this months being the best we can get.  We just pray and pray and PRAY for the right direction and to make the best decisions for Elan.  it is hard for others to know what to do/ say but know how much we appreciate just a "how are you doing?" and a hug etc.  Really helps!  It is tough to make the BEST decisions for Elan... such a balance of quality of life, unknowns of the disease, high likelihood of relapses etc.  Please pray for us to make the best decisions for Elan.

I guess being past the 6 month mark is what brings it all up.  We were first told he would only live 1 to 6 months and now we have true HOPE of a cure.  Today on my closed group AT/RT moms on Facebook (don't be jealous of my awesome closed group! :))  one of the first AT/RT families I found via Google the day we received his diagnosis went to KINDERGARTEN!!!!  I love the group because there are so many with NED (no evidence of disease) years out.  When you are given statistics of "10% chance with your son's resection" etc so heart breaking but to see we could be that 10% now and doing it the Elan way just so amazing. 
I just can't thank Indiana enough for taking him on while allowing us to make the right decisions for our family.  He is on the "Elan" protocol and doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment