Monday, September 3, 2012

Peach's NEET FEET!

So if anyone knows of a better way to make Elan happy it is Peach's NEET FEET.  THis is an AMAZING, AMAZING non profit by a lovely young woman who donates her time and organizes other artists to help her out.  They donate personalized hand painted shoes to children with cancer and other diseases.    Elan's have Elmo, a train, a cute gecko, his name and of course a cute peach! We heard about them while at the Proton Center and through another AT/RT mom's blog and I knew it would brighten Elan's life.... I just didn't realize HOW much.  He has literally worn them 24 hrs a day EVEN to bed - so cute!  The first few baths he was super bummed he couldn't wear them in the tub.  Hopefully that gives you a picture of how special they are to him.  And boy has he picked up the pace of walking too!

They arrived while we were at the hospital for his MRI so just the pick me up for arriving home.  His face was just one huge smile when he saw them when we opened the box.  I so wish I had taken a picture of that moment.  He shows them off to everyone too!

Here are several of him in his shoes!
Walking all over the house - see his PJs - he sleeps with them for real!
With Rachel helping me model my new shoes....





Train side

So cute!


On the way to the clinic with stickers to play with!





Once again in Pj's and standing at the train table (where else?)

At the park (eating the best invention ever - to go applesauce from Trader Joes!) 
Making Dad carry me (can't get my new shoes dirty yet)

At the clinic - when we received the great news of his amazing MRI results!  His favorite location - in the dump truck...

1 comment:

  1. God bless you ALL! Very strong & going good! My family will pray for you & your family & Elan! May thegood lord continue to bless you always! Sooo ADORABLE @>~~

    ReplyDelete