Sunday, August 12, 2012

Training in Baltimore - From Wed.

So the 2 1/2 days I have been dreading are here - but almost over!  I had training in Baltimore for work Monday am to Wed afternoon and normally wouldn't mind a bit - I would have kind of viewed a short trip like this as a bit of a mini mommy time.  Now of course it isn't the same - I just wonder in the back of my mind if something is happening at home to Elan.... thankfully I have my parents and Erik there but still not the same when you are several hours away.

Regardless it was such a treat seeing everyone from work!  I still can't get over how many caring individuals I work with!  Please know all the hugs and well wishes mean.

I didn't really start feeling it until last night when Finn left a super adorable voice message saying he missed me.  I wish we scheduled a time to do Skype - but we were booked solid here in Baltimore for training and when I was free they were sleeping.  Here are some cute pictures my mom sent - they always have so much fun!

They made cupcakes for Erik's office.  I am not sure if I have mentioned how absolutely amazing his office has been.  They have given the kids toys, made baked ziti on Monday while I was gone (perfect timing since I was gone that night!), financial donations while Erik was on Family Medical Leave, allowing him to be gone for 7 weeks and carrying his work load, letting him come with me to all of Elan's doctor's appointments and so many, many other things!  We are so supported - amazing!







SO back to my great group of people I work with!

Here are pictures from Baltimore summit Tues evening...  - we went to an Orioles game and had a suite and then headed across the street from our hotel to enjoy the great weather!

afterwards with Robin and Terri at the 4 seasons outdoor bar - we could see Evanescence at the pier - Amanda loved that I didn't know who she was - i did recognize 2 songs though :) 
In the suite - Austin!  He has been so great to us!  His Son Sam is 1 week younger than Elan and soooo cute!
Our private seats
I arrived home that night around 6 PM and stopped by Target to get some play dough for the boys as a conciliation prize for me being gone 2 1/2 days.  Erik called me right when I was about to pull into the store's parking lot to get my ETA.  It was also our 14 year anniversary so I still needed to get Erik a card...  So I ran into Target and went back to my car.  I open the door and there was a bunch of chocolates, roses, and a bottle of sekt (german champagne) from Schloss Biebrich which was 30 minutes from where we lived in Germany several years ago (it is available at Trader Joes and a great deal but we never buy it).  He is so sweet!  He took a photo of me opening the door and looking surprised - but not a great shot so won't share - one of the privileges of being the author of a blog :).  Apparently Erik was inside target when he called me and got out before I saw him.  Convenient that target is where we both were :)

We drove our separate cars home to be welcomed by a anniversary party!  So cute!  My parents pulled out party hats (we kind of use them all the time around here these days)





Notice Elan's smile - getting so much more symmetrical - hard to capture it but this one shows it pretty well.


Love this picture of my mom!


No problem eating the cupcakes - pumpkin cupcakes - yummy!


Elan getting a "push" of food I made.  He is eating by mouth really well too but what to get him all the cancerfighting foods we can!





No comments:

Post a Comment