Friday, March 2, 2012

March 2nd

So today has been a bit drab. Erik and I drove here with Finn to meet up with Elan. Early in the AM Finn entered our bed to cuddle. Around 7 AM there was a big thunder crash which woke Finn up. He asked me "will that make Elan sicker?". I of course reassured him... such a loving boy.

He went promptly back to sleep - I actually had to wake him up at 9 AM to start the day. He was cranky all AM and wasn't cooperating with getting out the door. He insisted on daddy getting undressed and redressed with him... so not going to happen. We didn't make it to the hospital until 10 AM.... not the original plan. Kenya was to pick him up to take him to a movie... he wasn't wanting the movie from the onset.

We arrived at the hospital and had gifts from the Lassens, Potters and Terrenez families. Beautiful pictures, cute Cars toys, and yummy cookies! Awesome!

This evening Mom called and apparently she is totally over us and our parenting style with Finn. She is upset regarding our lack of consistency and routine - hello - we have a boy with AT/RT in the hospital right now and Finn is not in his regular routine, sorry!!! Frustrating but we know she is totally exhausted too. My parents have been totally amazing throughout all of this. Mom has stayed over here with Elan and kept up our laundry etc.

She is getting wacky now with Dad back in DBQ... she called saying she spent 1 1/2 hrs rearranging Charlotte's meal she provided us - basically putting in different containers. She then went off about parenting style and how Kenya and she are able to keep all well with Finn but we can't ... we are the parents and of course he is showing his true feelings to us.

Tonight Elan's central line started leaking so they had to take it out... quite an ordeal. Dr. Johnson is totally amazing. He was able to find a vein in Elan's arm when no one else could. It is angled a bit odd but will work! there was talk about having to go through his forehead to get one so I am thrilled with the one we now have. He is going to be given IV fluids through it tonight and then fed through it Sat and Sun. Monday we are going to have the Barium test and then the feeding tube put in Mon or Tuesday.

I feel so confident with his abilities and concern for our baby. He stops by at least twice a day just to check in. I love him so much and just would be a tizzy if he wasn't around to make me better! When we hear bad news he reassures me and for some reason I just feel better after talking with him - even if it is the same outcome. I am told something and see him in the hall right afterwards and all is just a smudge better. I think I like him because he has a townhouse right off Briar Creek :).

E

No comments:

Post a Comment