Thursday, March 22, 2012

News of MRI

Great news!!! Best case - no additional growth! This is huge news as this is a fast growing tumor. We were told with this we could expect at least 6 months with him! Huge news as before they were not sure as 1 to 6 months could be expected.

So today was a nice day. We had the normal issues of trying to get out of the house... food etc but we headed to Freedom Park with the boys. Really nice to have them play in the sand. Finn really was in his element with the other kids. He was older than the other ones in the sandbox and really acted like a great big brother. He dug and dug and Elan played right along. We were there about an hour. I had a few thoughts of trying to be a normal family but in reality, we are not - anymore. Watching and listening to other moms doing their normal mom day or nannies doing there normal day with the kids was interesting. I felt like an outsider... like - when will they notice Elan's scar... and if they do - will they say anything. I am a total open book and tend to be the one to say something first. I always want to put the other person at ease. Today I just wanted them all to not notice - but hard not to, right?


I had a great moment tonight too. He wanted to nurse! I let him as dried up since stopped pumping a week ago... too emotional to pump with everything going on. I was getting less than an ounce so made me more upset. Two mornings ago he went under my tank in bed while we were laying there and I let him try - and he did! So this was the second time... he was sooo happy! I was too!



It was a great day for Elan!!!

1 comment:

  1. Karin and Eric,

    I'm soooo amazed of all your efforts and your love for your little boys. You guys are an encouragement to all of us. This is truly a great trial and you guys are succeding!! Elan is such a strong boy:) I'm sure he puts a smile in Jehovah's face everytime he tries something new, just like he puts a smile in your faces. Jehovah is our loving father and he is taking care of little Elan every step of the way!! always meditate in this scripture Isa 41:10-13"Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness..... For I, Jehovah your God, am grasping your right hand, the One saying to you, ‘Do not be afraid. I myself will help you.’ Jehovah is always there to give you the strenght and Elan will be just fine because he has the help of our loving father. I love you guys and I'm happy that Elan is progressing little by little. Please send my love to him and to Finn. You are always in my prayers!!

    Alejandra♥

    ReplyDelete