Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hair

Well today it finally happened ... Elan is losing his hair.  We knew this day would come so not surprised but still unbelievably sad and shocking.  I had taken him into the room today  and when giving the anesthesia one of the guys said "Elan!  You have mommy's hair on you!" And we all laughed.  Well 4 hrs later and i kept on getting my hair in my mouth and getting water to drink until Elan was in my lap a few minutes ago...I was playing with his hair and a clump came out.  In all honesty it is kind of a relief to have it happen.  I hadn't come out and done a prayer about it but kept thinking I should pray " if he isnt going to beat this let him keep his hair: but still feels like an answer of " Karrin, stop worrying - you are doing great and everything you are doing is working".  It has been amazingly easy with Proton Beam so a very small price to pay with him losing his hair.  The amazing thing is i really wanted my grandparents to see him as normal as possible and with his hair... and they did!  They left this early AM!   

1 comment:

  1. His beautiful curls will grow back. You are an amazingly strong woman and it is so nice to see how strong you and Erik are. Love u guys!

    ReplyDelete