Thursday, June 14, 2012

Shout out to my Pearson Peeps :)

I have to admit, yesterday was a hard day but at the same time it was full of love from my colleagues.  I work with some of the most kind and thoughtful people on the planet.  I think everytime I had a sad moment the past week or so I had a text, voice message or email from someone at work just checking in.  I think it should be called 'My Pearson colleagues show the love week'. 

I received the kindest and most upbuilding email last night from one of them.  I won't say who as to not give too many personal details but they said several things that were JUST WHAT WE NEEDED.  This person had a close family member go through what we are currently experiencing and in a way, it was just so reasuring to know we are not alone with kiddo cancer.   This person also said not to worry too much about Finn.  We needed to hear that too.  Things like this are really so unexpected and have uncanny timing.

I also can't get over the financial support our friends at Pearson (and Wells Fargo too!) have shown.  My manager Stephen asked what they could do financially and at first we thought we should do something for AT/RT research but after chatting with our social worker she said we probably should set up an account just for Elan. She said this is what families do for cases such as his who need out-of-state treatments, etc.  Well, we set up the Elan Miller Donation Fund at Wells Fargo and WOW what support!  When I looked at the account last week we didn't expect to have anything there but Elan had several hundred dollars donated to him already!  How kind and generous!  We don't have any information as to who donated so please know how thankful and appreciative we are! 

1 comment:

  1. Just commenting here Karrin....Read the blog, and I will keep in touch to see how you guys are doing. Call me with anything that you need Verizon wise! :)

    Sincerely, A fellow cancer survivor,

    Matthew Patton from VZW

    ReplyDelete