Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tues thru Thurs AM

Quick post just to put up some pictures of grandparents visit!

Both went to the proton center with us and it was so good for them (and us) they went Tues and Wed so could meet both of our doctors.  On Tuesday Granddad also went with me to Physical therapy and Speech therapy which we lined up here while Elan is at Proton Beam.

I felt good he was able to see what we do during PT and Speech.  It is emotionally trying to always go as they bring up the way Elan was before his surgery since they are just starting with him.  They bring up all the issues he now has and what he needs to work on vs just working with him as we did at home. However, boy do I LOVE the physical space!   Next week I will snap a few shots of the interior - a full tree house!  It is only a month in use now and so what every child should have in a clinic.


Grandad during Speech 

Isn't Gran beautiful??? I hope I look 1/2 as good at 78 let alone 88!

Why she looks great - my facials (yeah right!)
Dinner with Elan outside!  Such a big boy sitting by himself (plus attitude of not wanting picture taken)

from monday - didn't remember to put on.  Finn and Elan did chalk welcome art for Grandparents... spread to Finn's legs :)





WIth Dr. Douglas!

They then left early in the AM on Thursday while we were still sleeping - bummed we didn't get to say goodbye as I thought they would wake us up but they must have really left early.

So after we woke up we headed to our Proton Beam with both boys since the appt was at 8:45 and Finn's camp doesn't start until 9.  While driving I call my grandparents to say an official goodbye and hang up with them right when a cop puts his lights on for ERik!  So crazy!   He has been zipping a bit and I keep telling him it is a small town and you just can't do that.  Well he was 10 over the speed limit and to his defense it was a hill going down.  Well everything kind of came to a fruition right then and there when we were pulled over on our way to the center when we were dangerously close to being late (like 30 seconds of lag time).  Thank goodness it was a female cop - or maybe that is why I broke down but I just started sobbing when she pulled Erik over and asked him why he was stopped.  He said b/c going 8 to 10 over and she said yes.  I then said we are late for our son's proton and then couldn't stop crying.  She was sweet and asked for his license and our registration and said she was just going to check and make sure all is right.  She then came back and gave Erik everything and asked me to roll down my window.  She then reached in and gave me a hug and told me everything will be fine and asked Elan's name and said she will pray for him!  How amazing is that!  I am actually crying right now while writing this thinking of her kindness!  I am writing this on Saturday as now the only time I have finally gotten to it and still choked up!  I need to write her a thank you card for sure!

Night and thanks for everyone's love!

3 comments:

  1. So were you picking gran's nose? :)
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I got tears in my eyes at the officers reaction. So good to know that people still have hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am touched by that. I glad to see u guys rolling along. May Jehovah be with you.

    ReplyDelete