Thursday, May 3, 2012

Drive Day

So today we woke up and Finn was not in super spirits... "I'm cold" "I don't want that shirt" etc quite loudly - in a hotel room non the less.  I can't blame him as we drove for over 7 hrs yesterday.
So we FINALLY hit the road - 1 hr later than we wanted.  Our hotel didn't have breakfast which made things pretty complicated but we found a Starbucks!  I love their spinach egg wrap and Finn always loves bagels.  I loaded Elan up before we headed out of the hotel so he was good for 4 hrs.  I made 3 days worth of his food so pretty easy.  I did make it with pretty gassy foods though - hadn't thought that one through. 
The DVD dual player has paid for itself a thousand times over!  I have to say I hate the idea of 17 hrs
The moment we hit Bloomington we are doing a full on whole food diet... too complicated to travel there eating well since didn't have room for the cooler.

Here are some pictures of the road trip to DBQ.  We stopped at a true drive in called the Hershey Drive In and had a great time. We also drove by the wind turbines which was exciting!





No comments:

Post a Comment